Is Facebook bad for a marriage or a relationship?

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Beverly, May 24, 2012.

1. Beverly

Beverly Well-Known Member Staff Member

Sheath Welfare Org likes this.
  2. shek

shek Well-Known Member

I can'rt comment more on it, but it is bad atleast in australia. As I've read somewhere that proportion of people in australia check fb while having sex !
  3. Beverly

oh yeah! hahahaha! I read that one too. And, we had fun talking that one into the ground. :D

But if you read this article, they was talking about how much easier it is to hook up with an ex or someone you always had a crush on with a couple clicks. Of course, an affair is not that easy. But the real problem might be when people get on there and start chatting with each other, revealing personal things, making emotional connections in private chat. And, that can open up a door to infidelity.
  4. shek

shek Well-Known Member

So, are you mmm from that forum ? :eek:
  5. Beverly

wow! I thought you already knew. :p
  6. Jonah

Jonah Member

Facebook can have devastating effects on your relationship if one partner is using it as a dating site, to meet other people outside the relationship.
  7. Beverly

A friend of mine caught his girlfriend chatting with another man on Facebook. Apparently the messages had more of an intimate tone to them. Not sure how but he accessed her FB messages. Maybe she left the page up or something. It was very sad, cause they just had a baby together and now that situation is over. :(

Apparently she's done this like three or four times before. He found out. And, always took her back. So she probably thought she can get away with it with no consequences, except this time it ended their relationship.
  8. shek

shek Well-Known Member

I was in doubt, and to clarify it I asked :D
  9. Beverly

oh! ok. That' makes sense. Though i was wondering why you asked me that question about me being MMM on WTF on this thread and not the 'username' thread. But yeah, that's who i am. :D
  10. shek

shek Well-Known Member

I had doubt because of long post you did here.. :D
    Anyways, for me facebook doesn't effect my relationship, as I'm not addicted to it ;)
  11. Beverly

It's good that you can keep a sensible head about Facebook. I feel very much addicted to it these days. So sometimes i don't even visit Facebook until after midnight when i'm very tired and then i just surf pages, looking for funny LOL pics and reading friend status updates. By then, i'm too tired to do anything else.
  12. shek

shek Well-Known Member

13. Beverly

omg! Did i inspire your new blog with my obsession for Facebook and LOL pics? :p

jk! jk!

I like that Facebook photo where the guy has his face literally in the book. "Facebook. You're doing it wrong!"
  14. shek

shek Well-Known Member

:D
    there are many more funny pics, and I'm posting them almost everyday ;)
  15. GekiDan

GekiDan Well-Known Member

I don't think it would affect unless one of the couple used Facebook more than to communicate or spend time on his husband or wife.
  16. shek

shek Well-Known Member

Only one ? I thought you need both the member of couple to live happy life :p
  17. Beverly

Takes two to tango, same for a relationship. If both people are fooling around on Facebook with others, (or just busy with their own activities) and not paying attention to each other, then their relationship is likely to fall apart.
  18. Jonah

Jonah Member

If you are flirting with someone other than your partner, there are probably deeper problems in the relationship. And, Facebook is just acting as an outlet to find someone new.
  19. Beverly

So you mean the problems in the marriage started before Facebook? Facebook does allow for more discreet flirting unless you're dumb enough to leave your Facebook up after you leave the room. :D

So maybe that's why so many Facebook affairs.
  20. shek

shek Well-Known Member

Yes, indeed relationship runs on understanding ! :)